Today’s a straight up recipe because it needs nothing else. Enjoy!
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 2-3 teaspoons garlic powder
- olive oil
- 1 pizza dough ball
- 3-5 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 3/4 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Read the directions on your pizza dough. Follow them. The kind I buy from my local grocery store advises you let it rest on the counter for at least 1 hour prior to cooking. It also gives the oven temp and time (400 degrees for 18-25 minutes).
- Slice chicken into thin bite sized pieces. Throw in a pan with a little olive oil, the hot sauce and garlic powder. Cook thoroughly.
- While that cooks (or once it’s done depending on your level of comfort), drizzle a little olive oil on your pizza pan and roll your pizza dough in it while you slowly spread it to your desired thickness and diameter.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of BBQ sauce on the crust. Evenly spread the cooked chicken on top of that. Then, begin to the layer the remaining ingredients (red onion, mushrooms, bacon bits, pineapple, cheese). I did the layers in that order and drizzled an additional 1-2 tablespoons of BBQ on the pizza before adding the pineapple and cheese.
- Cook according to your dough’s instructions. In my case, this was at 400 degrees for 18-25 minutes.