Refrigerated biscuits regularly go on sale at my grocery store. When they do, I usually buy a few cans whether I know how I might like to use them or not. That’s how two cans came to linger in my fridge for about a month. Thanks to the wonder that is Pinterest, I was inspired, and those cans are now gone.
One was used for pizza pockets. I made this on the fly, so measurements were not taken. This is a great dish to experiment with and adjust according to your taste. It could be filled with any pizza toppings you like.
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuits (10 count)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- some onion (like less than half unless you really, really like onion or have small onions), chopped
- half a pack of white mushrooms, chopped
- some tomato/pasta sauce (maybe 1/2-2/3 cup…I eyeballed it)
- 3 heaping spoonfuls of room temperature cream cheese
- cheese (whatever you might like on a pizza will do)
- Heat oven according to package direction on the biscuits (usually about 350 degrees)
- Mix vegetables, sauce, cream cheese and cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
- Open the can of biscuits and flatten them into large rounds.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the center of each flattened biscuit.
- Pull up the biscuit edges and pinch to seal.
- Place one biscuit per muffin slot in pan. Pop in oven when pan is full.
- Cook according to package directions. Go slightly longer than recommended if you’re using a muffin tin to ensure the bottom of each pizza pocket cooks.
Sorry there’s no picture for this one. I was so excited to eat that I forgot to snap a shot. Oh well. Your imagination can fill in the photo.