Cooler (and downright cold) weather is here, and I miss my tank tops already. In homage to summer, I made this simple pasta dish. It’s hearty enough for the current season with a freshness reminiscent of the warm, lazy days of summer.
- Cooked pasta
- 1 summer squash
- 1 Polish kielbasa
- 1 red bell pepper
- Salt, pepper and oregano to season
- Chop the bell pepper and begin sauteing it on medium heat in a little olive oil.
- Slice the kielbasa and add it to the pan. Bump the heat up slightly. Cook for roughly 5 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- While the pepper and kielbasa are cooking, chop the summer squash.
- Reduce heat back to medium and add the squash to the pan.
- Let everything cook together until the squash begins to look shiny and barely translucent, roughly 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and oregano to taste. Stir and cook for another minute.
- Plate your prepared pasta and top with the bell pepper, kielbasa and squash mixture.
If this is too dry for your taste, drizzle a small amount of olive oil on it. I wouldn’t recommend adding cheese.